Lhasa Kailash Tour – short itinerary:
Day 01: Flight from Kathmandu or mainland China to Lhasa
Day 02 & 03: Sightseeing of Lhasa City
Day 04: Drive to Shigstse via Yamdrok Lake visiting famous Gyantse Kumbum (300km, 7hours)
Day 05: Drive from Shigatse to Saga
Day 06: Drive from Saga to Lake Manasarovar
Day 07: Drive from Lake Manasarovar to Darchen (40km, 1hour, 4560m high)
Day 08: Trek from Darchen to Derapuk Monastery (20 km, takes about 5 – 6 hours)
Day 09: Trek from Derapuk to Zuthulpuk crossing Drolma-la Pass (15km- takes about 6 - 7hours)
Day 10: End Trek at Kora/trek ending point (14Km, 4- 5hours) and drive back to Saga
Day 11: Drive from Saga to Kathmandu or to Lhasa via Shigatse
Day 12: Final departure transfer to the airport.
Tour Cost: Please contact us and let us know the number of members in your group, the category of hotels you would like to stay with and any other special desires and requirements of yours. We will be glad to quote you the price as per your requirements.
ESTIMATE FOR ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES IN LHASA KAILASH TOUR:
- Horse for personal use on Kora days is approx USD 300 per person extra
- Extra ride for day trip to Astapad USD 40 per person extra
- Extra day in Kathmandu USD 45 to 50 per person with 2 meals and twin sharing room.
- Muktinath trip USD 650 per person including two nights in Pokhara, one night Jomsom and round trip flight to and from Jomsom with meals and private transfers.
Alpine Eco Trek highly suggests you to apply for Medical Insurance, covering emergency evacuation and all medical expenses are must for Lhasa Kailash Tour. So, please be insured prior to the holy journey to the Heavenly Abode of Lord Shiva.
MEALS DURING JOURNEY:
Meals during your stay in Kathmandu are provided in package at the same hotel where you stay. Meals during the Kailash portion will be all vegetarian and Lhasa portion will be only bed and breakfast basis. Alpine Eco Trek's staff will serve you hot and delicious meal at every day breakfast, lunch and dinner on the way from Saga to Saga will be provided in Lhasa Kailash Tour. We will provide you packed lunch while doing Kora around Mount Kailash. And, we also suggest you to bring some of your favorite dry foods, sweets and ginger and garlic Candies along the tour.
TOUR LEADERS, GUIDES AND STAFF:
Since our establishment, Alpine Eco Trek and Expedition (P) Ltd is a pioneer operator of Mount Kailash and Manasarovar tours. We have dozens of regular and trained tour leaders, guides, cooks, drivers and supporting crew engaged for a professional and reliable service. Extremely friendly, knowledgeable and experienced team and other first aid treatment trained crew will be there in your group to serve you and make your trip a memorable one for the rest of your life!
We will provide transportation for Lhasa Kailash Tour depending on group size like if there are below 5 we provide a Jeep, if 5 to 08 we provide a Van, if 08 to 16 we provide two vans, if above 16 up to 25 people we prove a deluxe bus.
ACCOMODATION (KATHMANDU-KAILASH TIBET):
During your stay in Kathmandu, we will provide you any kind of accommodation as per your needs. You can have a single, or double or family room in Kathmandu. We select the best categories of 3, 4 and 5 star hotels in Kathmandu and Lhasa. But accommodation in Kailash region is will be very basic and Lhasa to Saga, it is possible to have a standard accommodation on extra cost. Read more…
HEALTH PRE- CAUTION:
Normally, at higher altitude area in Tibet including Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarover, the amount of oxygen is less in the air. Certain illness such as loss of appetite, mild headache, nausea, tiredness, breathlessness, general uneasiness, high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia etc may be induced in the windy weather and high altitude area which generally is not encountered over the plains. This kind of symptoms can be seen in anyone irrespective of their age, sex and physical fitness read more ….
PACKING LIST OF Lhasa Kailash Tour:
- Small bag pack for 3 days trekking/Parikarma/ Kora around Mount Kailash
- Sufficient warm clothing including warm down jacket for Kailash tour.
- essential medicines (for minor injuries / life saving kits)
- Any regular medicines that you have been prescribed
- Toiletries kit (shop, Shampoo, Toothpaste, tooth brush)
- Water bottle /Thermos flask for hot water (2litters bottle)
- Hiking shoes good for walking 3 days Kailash Kora/trekking
- Woolen gloves, Woolen socks (minimum 4 pairs), hand clove
- Wool / Thermo cot undergarments, wind and water proof jacket
- T-Shirt, long shirt and pants which is easier to be while doing trekking
- Sunglasses, Sun lotion/cold cream, Torch light, rain coat
- Umbrella, walking stick, Sandal for use evening & morning
- Sweets, Zinger / garlic candies or dry fruits, lozenges, etc… Read More...
Lhasa Kailash Tour – Detailed itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu airport
upon your arrival at Kathmandu airport, you will be meet by one of our tour leaders and transfer to hotel. Rest of the time will be rest at the hotel. Evening, join a welcome dinner with group. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing and Packing day
After breakfast, you will be taken to explore the historical and world heritage sites of Kathmandu valley, the tour guide will come to your hotel at around 9 A.M for 3 hours sightseeing tour. Afternoon come back to hotel for lunch. There will be a trip orientation at around 4P.M and our crew will check your gears and packs. Group dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa
We will be transferred to airport early in the morning for an amazing flight to Lhasa. Upon arrival at Gonggar airport, our representative will come to greet you and with an easy one hour or half hour drive will take you to your final destination to Lhasa. Check in to hotel and you can spend this time in relaxing. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04 & 05: Sightseeing of Lhasa City
In these two days, you will visit with our knowledgeable and English speaking Tibetan guide who will show you everything there is to see and explore in some of these famous sites. First of all we will start exploring the beautifully preserved Sera Monastery. Many of the pictures you see of Tibet are of these buildings with their white washed walls and golden roofs. There are several hundred monks live and study in this monastery. The Jokhang Temple and Norbulingka palace will be exploring on the first day's afternoon. The Jokhang temple will provide you one of your first sights of devout Tibetans, as thousands visit this holy shrine each day. The big market of Lhasa, the Barkor surrounds the Jokhang temple. The Norbulingka is another amazing piece of architecture of Tibet and was once the summer palace of the Dalai Lama.
On the second day's morning, you will visit Potala palace, the ancient palace of Dalai Lama. Be excited for astonishment as this massive palace has been around since before the 17th century. The afternoon will be spent visiting another historic monastery known as famous Drepung monastery. It was once home to over ten thousand monks is still a beautiful monastery to see. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Drive to Shigstse via Yamdrok Lake visiting famous Gyantse Kumbum (300km, 7hours)
As we begin our adventure overland journey in the Himalayas, today we drive to Gyantse via Yamdrok lake where we will get an opportunity to visit the famous Gyantse Kumbum as well. Along the way we cross over the Kamba la and the Karo la passes with spectacular views. Then we drive to Gyantse, where we will visit the Pelkor Chode monastery and Kumbum Stupa followed by two hour drive to Shigatse. Overnight at guest house.
Day 07: Drive from Shigatse to Saga
In the morning, there will be an arrangement for us to visit Tashilumpo Monastery and the spectacular tombs of Panchen Lamas. We can also see the monks of this monastery nice looking with their home-made traditional shoes. After exploring the largest monastery of Tibet, we will drive to the small town of Saga, today's final destination covering many miles during the day but also encounter alluring river valleys and scattered villages. Overnight at guest house.
Day 08: Drive from Saga to Lake Manasarovar
From Saga, we will head through small dusty town of Dongba among enchanting panoramic views, where scattered nomads tents are mingled with their herds of animals on the open plateau. We can see numbers of villages and camps of Yak herders with the distance view of snowcapped mountains, across the Mayun-la pass. And, if you are lucky enough, you might see many wild animals at the plateau grasslands. After our arrival at Mansarovar Lake, we will make our walk to Chiu Monastery which is the best point to see Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. Overnight at guest house.
Day 09: Drive from Lake Manasarovar to Darchen (40km, 1hour, 4560m high)
After holy dip into the sacred lake, we will do Homa/Pooja of Lord Shiva we make a holy Kora around the lake Mansarovar Lake. After spiritual activities, in the afternoon we drive to Darchen and prepare for the circumambulation around Mt. Kailash. Overnight at guest house.
Day 10: Trek from Darchen to Derapuk Monastery (20 km, takes about 5 – 6 hours)
The day starts with trekking from the Sershong and a steady walk with many other local Tibetan pilgrims chanting and praying. We can see the Choku Monastery up on the hillside from the valley. Then the trail leads to few ups and downs till we reach our mud house accommodation at Derapuk where we will see many more Bon pilgrims circumambulating in the opposite direction (Anti clock-wise). Overnight at fixed tent or mud house.
Day 11: Trek from Derapuk to Zuthulpuk crossing Drolma-la Pass (15km- takes about 6 - 7hours)
Today our holy Kora/trek leads to much higher altitude of the holy path just beneath the Mount Kailash. The hiking will bring us to one of the highest point at Drolma La Pass 18500 feet, and the pass is quickly descends to the gradual field towards Zuthulpuk, in Tibetan it means magical cave. This small monastery is connected to an interesting story of talent competition between Great Yogi Milarepa (Buddhist) and Naropa (Bon). Overnight at fixed tent or mud house.
Day 12: End Trek at Kora/trek ending point (14Km, 4- 5hours) and drive back to Saga
After breakfast, we start our last day's Kora, the wind gradually comes out of the valley and the river will allow us to follow in to the Barka plain. Our trek ends at Trangmar, where our jeeps are waiting to take us back to Saga crossing the most remarkable mountain passes and alpine villages. Overnight at guest house.
Day 13: Drive from Saga to Kathmandu or to Lhasa via Shigatse.
After breakfast at Saga, today, you can have two choices in your tour, if you want to fly from Lhasa to mainland china or directly to your home town you can drive from Saga to Lhasa via Shigantse and if you want to end your tour in Kathmandu, you can drive from Saga to Kathmandu via Nyalam but some time we will have to find if the Tibet Nepal border is open or not because this boarder is naturally and politically one of the extremely sensitive borders of Nepal and Tibet. (The landside or political blockade often disturbs this border so badly), please check with us if this border is open or close. Overnight at Kathmandu or Lhasa.
Day 14: Final departure transfer to the airport.
After breakfast you will be transferred to the Kathmandu airport Or Lhasa airport to board your flight back to home. This is an amazing way to end a life-changing journey. Come join us for this memorable trip.
01) All necessary airport arrival and departures and pick up from Kodari
02) Three night's accommodation in Kathmandu in 3/4 star standard hotel twin sharing room with full board meals.
03) Half day guided tour in Kathmandu as per mentioned in itinerary
04 10 night's accommodations in Tibet on private room sharing basis using guesthouse / Hotel
05) Kathmandu to Lhasa by flight
06) Lhasa sightseeing with tour guide and Van
07) freshly cooked vegetarian meals 3 times a day.
08) Supporting Nepali crew including our own cooks.
09) Permits for Kailash Kora (round).
10) Tibet Tourism Board (TTB) approved guide.
11) Private transportation in an eight seated deluxe van for clients and small truck for staff and food during the trip.
12) Kailash Permit
13) Camping equipments for kitchen, Shower
14) Sleeping bag/ Down Jacket if needed on Returnable basis.
15) Alpine Eco Trek's Duffle bag (big bag for keeping personal clothes and equipments) & day carry hand bag
16) Experienced tour leader / co-coordinator from AET
17) ENOUGH Oxygen cylinder entire of tour
18) Yaks and Yak-men to carry baggage, food, fuel etc while making round of Mt. Kailash.
01) Personal Pony Charges (will cost US$ 300 to 400 per pony and helper for three days)
02) Personal expenses like shopping, phone calls, extra drinks, laundry, yak etc.
03) Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities, flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, accidents etc.
04) Tips to drivers, hotel staff.
05) Extra cost of transportation, Porterage etc involved due landslides, snowfall.
06) Services other than specified. Extra days stay at Kathmandu than 3 nights/ any other place.
Why travel with us?
Why travel with us?
At Alpine Eco Trek our goal is to provide an affordable Himalayan travel experience for our clients that is second to none, an experience that reveals the full beauty and grandeur of this magical and holy land. Our trips provide time for both adventure and reflection while establishing genuine and caring connections with our clients with the aim of providing insights into the people and places that make the Himalayan region so fascinating.
Conservation and Cultural Awareness
The Himalayan region is especially fragile, not only in terms of flora and fauna, but also with respect to the cultural and religious beliefs and customs of its people. At Alpine Eco Trek we follow a “tread lightly, leave nothing behind” philosophy that seeks to respect and honor the region and its people.
Here are some guidelines and considerations that we believe will help you to choose a qualified travel company. If you keep them in mind when reviewing the many travel options you have, we believe you will choose Alpine Eco Trek to lead your next Himalayan travel adventure.
01) Before booking a trip be confident that your trip provider respects the land and culture in which you will be traveling, and that guides, porters and other staff members receive fair pay and are provided with proper clothing and footwear, as well as nutritious food and accommodations.
02) Make sure your company is registered with the appropriate local travel and trekking associations, that they are a certified company professionally established and operating under the laws of the land(s) in which you will travel.
03) Ensure that the travel company you select is fully knowledgeable about local environmental issues, and that they are sensitive to and aware of all issues pertaining to the inhabitants of the region.
04) Make sure that the company you choose attends to the small but important details of toilet arrangements, cooking fuel and rubbish disposal, first aid and,
05) That they have the appropriate travel insurance and abide by the regulations regarding operation of a travel and trekking company.
You can be assured that Alpine Eco Trek follows all of these guidelines at all times.
Mt. Kailash Tour Frequently Asked Questions
Question 01: Do I Need a Passport?
Yes, you will need a passport to travel Mt. kailash and Lake Manasarovar because Kailash is located in the Autonomous Region of Tibet, China.
Question 02: What about Chinese visa?
Please be informed that this is not regular Chinese visa which you would get on your passport is not valid at Tibet. Your travel permit and Visa for travelling to Kailash and Manasarovar is organized by our company with the help of our Lhasa partner. If you are Indian passport holder you need to provide us the original passport for visa application. Foreigners can send us their passport copies by email and we will apply their visa for Kailash here in Kathmandu with their passport copies. The visa charges differ depend on nationalities, contact us for more information on Visa and permits.
Question 03: How many days required for Mt. Kailash Tour Trek?
Answer: A journey to Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarovar require 13 days by overland (Land cruiser or Van) and 10 days by Helicopter from Simikot Region. We are also organizing Lhasa Kailash Lhasa Tour.
Question 04: How we will be doing 13 days overland tour and how about 10 days by Helicopter from Simikot?
Answer: You will be doing 13 days Kailash tour by a deluxe Van or Land cruiser. From Kathmandu to Kodari (Nepal- Tibet boarder) by a deluxe tourist coach, while in Tibet new model Land cruiser or a deluxe Van will be used. The route for the trip will be Kathmandu – Nyalam – Saga – New Dongba – Manasarovar – Darchen – Dirapuk – Zuthulpuk – Darchen – Paryang – Saga – Zhangmu – Kathmandu.
For 10 days tour by Helicopter:
Kathmandu - Nepalganj - Simikot - Hilsa (by helicopter) - Taklakot - Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Mansarovar - Taklakot (by land cruiser or Van)- Hilsa - Simikot (by helicopter) - Nepalganj – Kathmandu (by regular plane or private coach).
Question 05: In how many days would I finish Mt. Kailash Kora and long it is?
Answer: The holy Kora around Mt. Kailash is approximately 53 km trek to be completed in 2 nights 3 days. Night camping will be in Dirapuk and Zuthul- Puk.
Question 06: When is the best time to Travel?
Answer: The best time to travel to Holy Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarovar would be from the last week of April till end of October every year.
Question 07: What is Land cruiser?
Answer: Land Cruiser is the most comfortable vehicle in Tibet, a four wheel driven Japanese vehicle. We accommodate maximum 4 tourists in one land cruiser.